Agemar Agency & Logistics (Guinea) have partnered with HullWiper Ltd to provide eco-friendly hull cleaning services for vessels calling off the coasts of North West Africa and for transit tonnage with no devation.
Guinea is a major shipping hub and is located within close proximity to major shipping lines and other busy ports. Hubs are located in Conakry and Kamsar, Guinea and are the only service provider that delivers a sustainable hull cleaning solution for vessels calling and passing North West Africa.
HullWiper’s Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) provides a safe, diver free and sustainable hull cleaning option compared to traditional methods. Its eco-friendly operation with the capture of bio-fouling waste complies with world’s strictest environmental standards in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore, Norway, Gibraltar and Denmark, just to name a few.
in under 24h
INVESTING IN GREEN
The United Nations sustainable development agenda and the imo strategy on ghgs aim to reduce carbon emissions in the shipping industry by 40% by the year 2030
This initiative challenges system integrators, shipping companies and ship owners to find, develop and integrate new and more energy efficient solutions to meet these targets.
The interest has increased especially when it comes to more eco-friendly solutions, and investing in green shipping practices now will lead to a prosperous future.
BIOFOULING: THE CHALLENGES
Invasive Aquatic Species destroying marine eco-systems world wide.
Huge financial loses in the shipping market involving vessel’s reduced speed leading to higher fuel consumption and higher emissions.
Contamination of water sources and jeopardization of local marine species.
BIOFOULING: IMPACT ON THE SHIPPING INDUSTRY
- Biofouling adds drag to vessels, reducing speed and increasing fuel consumption up to 40%.
- Fuel makes up almost 50% of operational expenses, this could push consumption to almost double.
- A heavy hull without a cleaning schedule is more likely to frequently dry dock for repairs, a very costly process.
- Acid-producing bacteria transferred from attached microorganisms can also cause biological corrosion to vessel hulls – another cost to add on.
The simplest way for ship owners and operators to not only save drastically economically but also importantly commit to reducing emissions is by scheduling regular vessel hull cleanings for their fleets.
- No deepwater, reliable, time effective or eco compliant hull cleaning service in NW Africa.
- Major mineral exporting ports in the region.
- Ideal location for ships in ballast or laden, meaning little to no deviation, so save on costs for the service.
- Current high agenda priority in-country in finding solutions for their environmental issues in port and in the general shipping sector.
- HullWiper exclusivity in Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Can complete a full underwater cleaning service on a capesize ship in less than 24 hrs
Cleans day or night, in most weather conditions and during cargo operations
Up to 90% of submerged areas are cleaned during one operation
450my applied HullWiper removes 5-10my Brushes remove 150my
Maximum pressure on coatings is 300 bar >270 bar for anti-fouling >120 bar for silicone
Lasts 2-3 times longer compared to brushes and no damage to anti-fouling coatings
25-50% more savings to coating costs between dry dockings over traditional cleaning methods
No divers are used and all operations are compliant with local and international guidelines
Granted preapproval /permission to clean vessels in hub location
Reduces carbon emissions and assists vessel owners / operators with global carbon footprint
A clean hull optimises vessel operational efficiency and cuts down on fuel consumption
WHAT WE PROVIDE
Full hull cleaning or a selective customised service
Up to 90% of submerged area cleaned by HullWiper ROV
10-15% niche areas cleaned by a highly trained team of divers
Certified propeller polishing by a highly trained team of divers
INSPECTIONS AND REPORTS
- High quality pre inspection photos and video
- High quality post inspection photos and video after cleaning operation
- Detailed progress reports and extensive final report